Friday, November 14, 2008

My First RTW : Leg 27

Darkness now approaches and I've had a great dinner downtown. Ready for the home stretch. A FedEx A380 sits there near the old terminal and I taxi her out to the end of 13.
Engines thundering I climb out of the harbor and head southeast.

Day Eleven, Still Tuesday: I had originally planned on hitting Australia, New Zealand and Tonga on my way back but it's been eleven long days of simming and my back side is getting tired! I dial up the GPS again and set a direct route to Santiago, Chile. I get the great opportunity to hand-fly this beauty of a giant through a 30-mile DME arc as I set up to land out of the north. The smog is heavy down here and although it's mid-morning visibility is only about 5 miles - can't even see the Andes.

No comments: